Call for Papers
The conference committee invites proposals for papers addressing the relationship between the cultural and environmental aspects of sustainability.
Potential topics and questions might include:
- performance ecologies
- green design for performance
- theatre and eco-activism
- How can the arts widen our perception of nature and our ability to experience, reflect and adapt to the environment?
- What is the relationship between aesthetics and ethics in terms of our consideration of the environment?
- How are cultural values expressed in rituals and public events creating a human ecology?
Proposals should include:
- a 250-word abstract
- presenter’s name & affiliation
- mailing & email addresses
Please forward proposals to:
Ina Agastra, Executive Assistant to the Dean
Faculty of Fine Arts, York University
4700 Keele St. Toronto ON Canada M3J 1P3
Submission deadline: September 1, 2010