LAGI 2016 invites creatives, scientists, engineers, and others from around the world to submit ideas for large-scale and site-specific public art installations that generate carbon-neutral electricity and/or drinking water for the City of Santa Monica, California.
The competition is free and open to everyone. We encourage designers, artists, engineers, architects, landscape architects, university students, urban planners, scientists, and anyone to enter who believes that the world can be powered beautifully and sustainably. There is a cash prize of $15,000 for the 1st Place winner and $4,000 for the 2nd Place winner.
Please take a moment to click on the “register” link and create an account. By doing so, you will stay informed as there are updates.
- JANUARY 1, 2016 Announcement of call to teams
- JANUARY 1, 2016 to APRIL 15, 2016 Open period for questions
- MAY 15, 2016 Deadline for submission
- JUNE 2016 Selection and jury process
- JULY 2016 Winners and shortlist contacted
- OCTOBER 2016 Announcement of winner and award ceremony, Public exhibit of selected entries