Wind Blades Creative Artwork / Play Wonthaggi
Expression of Interest – $50,000 commission
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking concept designs from artists and design teams for an innovative and functional creative artwork/play area utilising two 42m long decommissioned wind turbine blades which have been donated by Senvion Australia.
The Wind Blades installation, situated in Wonthaggi’s Guide Park which is one of Bass Coast’s most prominent open spaces, will be the first of its kind in Australia.
- Senvion Fact Sheet (PDF 932kb)
- Specifications for Public Art (PDF 71kb)
- Vision Super Wonthaggi Wind Farm Fact Sheet (PDF 113kb)
As your concept may include aspects of play – here are the relevant Australian Standards
- Australian Standards for Play Equipment AS: 4685; Parts 1-11 (2014) and
- Australian/New Zealand Standards for Playground Undersurfacing AS/NZS: 4422 (1996)
Artists submitting an application must attend a mandatory onsite visit on Friday 27 May 2016 to both the Wonthaggi Wind Farm and Guide Park.
Applications can be completed online via SmartyGrants at https://bass-coast.smartygrants.com.au/windblade
To register for the onsite visit please contact Arts and Culture Administration Officer, Rebecca Scott, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or 5671 2761.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 10 June 2016