Inspire the conversation on the climate challenge with Climanosco
Climanosco’s mission is to make climate science accessible to everyone.
We support researchers and citizens around the world in paraphrasing climate research so that it is readily understandable to a broad audience, and we collaborate with artists and activists who create work that inspires and elevates the conversation on climate change and related societal challenges.
Now, we are pleased to announce our second call for artists and activists in concert with our call for scientific manuscripts. We invite you to join our efforts with this year 2021 call “Oceans on the rise” around the effects of climate change on the oceans.
We welcome art works of all styles, artistic, artivist and activist initiatives, art & science collaborations and everything in between.
- The opportunity to share your art work with a new, diverse audience
- The presentation of your art work in this year’s DEAR2050 exhibition
- The sale of prints of your art work in our online shop
- The chance to have an impact on the public discourse about the climate challenge.
- The chance to win exciting prizes (jury selection)
The deadline for finalizing works is 31 August 2021. Please notify us of your intention to participate with your proposal as soon as possible but no later than 25 March 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you! The Climanosco team
Who can participate?
We welcome participants across all forms of arts and activism and across all career stages.
First, notify us of your intent to participate (deadline 25 March 2021)
Send us an email as soon as possible at email@example.com with:
- a description or a sketch of your project for this call;
- your portfolio or an example of your art work or activist work.
- The selection for the exhibition will be based on the submitted proposals.
By sending a notification of intent, you indicate that you commit to create a piece of art by the due date (see below) that will satisfy the following conditions:
- it is original and signed by you;
- it is specifically created for this call;
- its format reasonably allows digitalization and shipping;
- Climanosco is granted the right to produce and sell copies of the work.We will be in touch with you within a few days of receiving your proposal.
Send your original work (deadline 31 August 2021)
We suggest that you keep us updated as you progress on your project and we expect that you finalize it by 31 August 2021.Once your art work is finalized, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will organize shipping and digitization with you.
After reception of all works, a jury will be elected by the Board of Directors to choose the winners and award prizes for the best works. The prizes are as follows:
- First prize: CHF 1000
- Second prize: CHF 500
- Third prize: CHF 500
The cash prizes will be sent to the winners by bank transfer. It is the responsibility of the participants to make sure that they have access to a bank account where the prizes can be deposited. It is the responsibility of the winners to declare the prizes to the tax authorities in their country.
- For any question, please contact us at: email@example.com
- General information and updates on this call are available at: www.climanosco.org/call-2021
Climanosco was launched in 2015 with the vision that we can all play a part in addressing the climate challenge – and that a first step towards doing so is to make the best knowledge about climate science accessible to everyone. Find out more at www.climanosco.org/about/.
We work with climate scientists and citizens to create collections of accessible and reliable climate research articles. Browse through our research articles at www.climanosco.org/research-articles/. Further, we collaborate with artists, activists and scientists on creating interdisciplinary projects to raise awareness to climate change and to develop visions of a sustainable world.
We might have to adjust the deadlines for the submission of the notifications of intent and the submissions of artworks depending on the responses we receive. All participants will be notified in due time of any such adjustments.
Climanosco will make all efforts to sell in its own capacity the original and prints of the art works submitted for this call for artists. However, this comes without any warranty of any kind. Climanosco does not take any responsibility and cannot be made liable in the event where it may be unable, for any reason, to sell a piece of art submitted for this call for artists.