3 WEEKS OF RENEWAL,
COLLABORATION AND CREATIVITY
Our program has been around for 15 years, granting space and production support for people who are doing innovative work worldwide, across the arts and sciences. During their stay (25 days), participants use the hacienda grounds as a laboratory for the creative process and engaging with the local community. They are free to work whenever desired in the provided studios and anywhere in the property. Experimentation is encouraged as is discourse and collaboration.
WINTER SESSION: JANUARY 10 – 30, 2022
Up to 8 people per session are selected from a mix of the following disciplines:
- Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Performance, Theater, Puppetry, etc)
- Visual Arts (Painting, Drawing, Mixed-Media, Photography, Video, etc)
- Sculpture and Installation
- Design and Architecture
- Humanities and Social Sciences (Anthropology, Philosophy, Writing, etc)
- Natural Sciences (Ecology, Hydrology, Biology, Geology, etc)
S U P P O R T
- LIVE/WORK SPACE: Single or double occupancy bedrooms and studios, plus common areas at the hacienda, at NET COST.
- PRODUCTION ASSISTANCE to realize one or more projects while in residency.
- PUBLIC EXHIBITION at the Open House event on the last week of the residency.
C O S T S
- LIVING EXPENSES: All utilities, cleaning services, drinking water and three prepared meals per day at NET COST: $1,200 USD for the 25 days ($40 USD per day).
- TRANSPORTATION: We do not cover transportation expenses beyond the arrival and departure van from/to Mexico City, but can assist you in pursuing additional funding with other sources, to cover expenses such as international flights and additional local transportation. Some funding options here:
A D D I T I O N A L S U P P O R T
- 1 HALF SCHOLARSHIP (pay only 50% of the living expenses) for participants residing in Mexico, Central America, South America or the Caribbean. Awarded based on merits and financial need. Must provide proof of residence.
SIMPLE ONLINE APPLICATION – DUE SEPTEMBER 1st AT MIDNIGHT
The Guapamacátaro Center for Art and Ecology is a site-basedand community-oriented initiative where artists from different disciplines, scientists, educators and activists converge to foster culture, collaboration and sustainable development.
M I C H O A C A N, M E X I C O