SEEDS|Earthdance is a unique festival dedicated to Somatic Experiments in Earth, Dance, + Science. We are very excited about the festival in its third year, 2010 – this summer will be quite an adventure! I hope you can join us for a workshop, for the whole event, for the research projects, or the public events. Please come and be a part of this experiment in interdisciplinary arts and ecology. Get in touch if you have any questions, or go right to the site and sign up.
Olive Bieringa, SEEDS co-curator
The theme of this year’s 10-day long SEEDS festival is NOURISHMENT: A crop’s environment—including soil, topography, and climate—imparts a characteristic taste and flavor and must be taken into consideration in cultivation. With care, through interaction we hope to create an ultra-lush, enriching, and regenerative culture in which to grow our art.
Come for a performance or a film, a workshop, a jam, or the whole festival!
You are also invited to sign up for workshops, for the whole festival, for research projects, in addition to evening performances, discussions, jams, and films as well as the Saturday Community Day as part of your participation.
- Diego Piñon/Butoh Ritual Mexicano Dance<
- Benoît Lachambre/Extending the Comfort Zone<
- K.J. Holmes/Weathering<
- & PineCones <(an overnight event)
- Pedro Alejandro/Soft Body/Soft Terrain, Open Artist’s Projec<
- Dave Jacke/Eden Arising: Ecological Design as a Spiritual Practice<
- Plus performances, an ECO jam, disucssions, films, artists-in-residence, green m-Art, and more.