Now looking for a suitable person to fill this position ASAP as there are now less than 3 months until Copenhagen.
Please spread the word and recommend to anyone you know who may fit the criteria.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Aid global youth initiatives with logistical support for their presence at COP
- Support in helping plan a pre-COP Conference of Youth (COY)
- Serve as a bottom-liner to several already-established projects in need of support (eg, such as the Global South Youth initiative).
- Daily tasks would be office-based in Copenhagen consisting of logistical support and communication, greatly strengthening the International Youth Climate Movement.
- Closure report and creation of the Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) of the YOUNGO for COP15
The coordinator should commit to:
- work for the movement as whole, not one organization or region
- respect the procedures established and ensure transparency,
- create a constructive and supportive environment
- take consideration of geographic and gender representation in all decisions
The coordinator must meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Past International Youth Climate Movement experience
- Familiarity and experience with the UNFCCC process
- An institutional endorsement from a relevant NGO or similar organization
- Passion and undying organizing enthusiasm
- Competency in reading, writing and speaking in English and one other UN language
- Recommended: experience in organizing an event of 200+ people
- Recommended: independence in living, travelling, and working
- Recommended: English + One other language
The position will be located in Copenhagen, sharing office space with the GCCA, though working independently and supported by the BottomLiners Team of the International Youth Climate Movement. The coordinator will be assisted in finding adequate accommodation.
21st September 2009 to 20th January 2010
The coordinator will be paid 15,500 DKK per month for 4 months. This will cover the following during his/her stay in Copenhagen:
- Personal Accommodation
- Transportation (to and from Copenhagen to her/his own country of origin)
Visa / Work Permit
If coordinator is not a resident of the EU or Scandinavian countries, he or she will be granted a 3 month tourist’s visa upon entry to Denmark, and the position will be similar to a fellowship.
Interested candidates should email Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Deepa (email@example.com) AND Blaine (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following:
- A short (1 page max) description of why you are interested in being the coordinator including relevant experiences, motivations, and your plans for COP15
Interested applicants must be available for an online interview via skype on 22nd OR 23rd September 2009 at 3pm (GMT).
CLOSING DATE: 17TH SEPTEMBER 2009 @ 2359H (GMT)
Found at: http://climatecoolnetwork.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2546410%3ABlogPost%3A16725